Business For Good
Fortis Law Corporation
About the Company:
Fortis Law is a client-focused, professional law firm committed to offering quality, diversified legal counsel and services. We deliver high calibre work, utilising the best technology and intelligence available, and devote ourselves to each case with full care and consideration, as if we are representing ourselves. We want to make the Law accessible to all.
Fortis Law aims to be the preferred premier boutique law firm offering end-to-end legal solutions to our clients. We aim for an environment where all of the staff are accessible, responsive, passionate, dynamic and technologically savvy.
Fortis Law Corporation provides client-centric legal solutions in the areas of:
- Private Client
- Estate Planning
- Advance Care Planning and Elder Law
- Wills and Probate
- Real Estate
- Family Law
- Crime and Regulatory
- Commercial litigation and arbitration
Fortis Law Corporation
24 Raffles Place,
About the Founder / Director:
Patrick Tan, TEP is the Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Fortis Law Corporation. His areas of practice include general litigation and arbitration, wealth management, real estate and private client matters. He is a Notary Public, Commissioner for Oaths, a Fellow of the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, as well as an accredited Associate Mediator with the Singapore Mediation Centre.
Patrick obtained his LL.B. (Hons) at the Nottingham University, where he received top honours, clinching several academic awards in land law, company law and partnership law.
In 2005, Patrick was nominated for the Spirit of Enterprise Award in Singapore for founding M/s Patrick Tan & Associates (now known as Fortis Law). In 2007, Patrick steered the firm into becoming the first law firm in Singapore to be accredited with the PrimeLaw Practice Management Excellence Standard awarded by the Law Society of Singapore. It is also the first law firm to be awarded the Volunteer of the Year Award 4 times in a row from 2010 to 2013 by the Law Society of Singapore.
In 2017, Patrick was awarded the Skillsfuture Study Award (Legal Sector) and successfully completed the SAL-INSEAD Law Firm Leadership Programme conducted by INSEAD. In 2018, Patrick was appointed by the Minister for Social and Family Development as Conciliation Officer for Tribunal for the Maintenance of Parents. Patrick was also appointed as an Independent Director of Singapore public listed company Eneco Energy Ltd.
His appointments/memberships include:
- Notary Public, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Commissioner for Oaths, Supreme Court of Singapore
- Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP), The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators
- Facilitator, Singapore Institute of Legal Education
- Associate Mediator, Singapore Mediation Centre
- Conciliation Officer, Tribunal for the Maintenance of Parents
- Member, Inquiry Panel
- Member, Panel of Primary Justice Lawyers
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Probate Practice Committee, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, ASEAN Law Association
- Member, Singapore Chinese Chambers of Commerce & Industry
- Member, Yuhua Citizen’s Consultative Committee
- Approved CPD Trainer, Council of Estate Agencies
- Legal Advisor, Singapore Estate Agents Association
- Honorary Legal Advisor, Spa and Wellness Association Singapore
Our Goal Is To Make The Law Accessible to Everyone